Yopping?

on Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our blog has a silly name. One hazard of coming late to blogger is that the sensible designations have already been taken... but we like being silly, so I can't disclaim too much.

Here's the backstory:

For those of you who don't know/remember, Dr. Seuss' "Horton Hears a Who!" is about Horton the Elephant saving a speck of dust from annihilation because he hears voices coming from it -- the Whos of Who-ville. None of the other animals can hear anything, so they decide Horton is insane and -- for the elephant's own good, of course -- plan to boil the dust speck in beezlenut oil. Warned of the danger, the Whos start shouting and playing instruments in an attempt to be heard... but it's only when one tiny boy calls out "Yop!" at the end that it works.

I thought that the Sprout might be the reason I was feeling odd one day, but I'd just gotten a negative result on a pregnancy test the week before. I made it clear (to thin air) on my drive home from work that anyone who wanted to be heard was going to have to yop. So. The next time I checked, s/he did.

A person's a person, no matter how small.

(Beezlenut! Rah rah!)

1 comments:

The Rogue said...

OF COURSE. Just lovely. :)

Post a Comment