Posting!

on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So... here we go!


There’s not much to tell at this stage; I’m tired and I have no stamina, which tends to elicit chuckles from those veteran ladies who’ve gone through all this before. I’m also hungry. I submit that as a blanket statement. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and go on a feeding rampage.


We like our doctor. She’s cute and sassy and has an infectious belly laugh. We still haven’t made the final midwife-vs.-doctor determination, though (either way, we’d deliver at the same hospital, but we’d have to visit a different office to see the midwives. It’s far, and in a headache-inducing, high-traffic area. Still pondering). Our hospital has one of the highest rates of natural childbirth in the country, so in either case, it looks like we’ll have input/options.


I’ve been knitting delightfully small things. Matt’s been researching equipment (strollers, cribs, little bathing basins). He’s taken over mowing the lawn (!) and dealing with cat litter. I kinda miss mowing; not so much the litter. Other things I miss are coffee, wine, bleu cheese, taking a walk without having to nap afterwards, and my trademark enigmatic calm (ha). Things I’m enjoying are: video diaries, giggling over the silly things we could name the baby, sleeping in without guilt, new food discoveries, regressing to childhood with TNG marathons, and knowing what my Next Big Project is going to be.


(Hint: it will have feety pajamas.)


1 comments:

ThatBrunette said...

Great Beginnings! I finally remembered the name of the store.

I will see if I have any of my 'get free stuff for the baby' links on my computer.

Post a Comment