Making Waves

on Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello, yoppers.


My latest "impending parenthood" update is only indirectly baby-related... but it's significant to us, so I thought I'd share. After a great deal of consideration (maybe too much consideration, actually -- I can go back and forth on an issue like nobody's business), I recently decided not to go back to teaching in the fall. *dramatic thunderclap*

Yeah. It'll be a big change for us, but it's one that we're ready to take on. After much discussion (much, much discussion), we've come to the conclusion that it simply makes the most sense. I wish I could go into more detail, but the seductively private feel of blogging -- it's just you guys reading this, right? -- is not going to deceive me this time. Oh internet, public forum for everyone's inner monologue, I know you too well!

Since I was off for the summer anyway, my day-to-day routine really hasn't changed. I do feel different -- much lighter, happier, and ready to take on any household challenge that nips at my heels. I've also had the chance to work on some freelance writing projects. Imagine that. :)

So. The hope is that having a slower-paced, more restful third trimester than I would have (had I been in the classroom) will make everyone less crazy in the long run. Here's to hope!

Peace and love,
The Mama-to-Be

0 comments:

Post a Comment